It must have happened with most of us that we walked into a room for a reason and within some seconds it comes absolutely impossible to recollect why are we here for. This might not be the symptom of a serious concentration problem but if this habit persists, no doubt it is alarming. The habit of forgetting is directly linked with our concentration power.
It is very important to have the ability to concentrate and focus on any which work someone is doing. Concentration is essential to focus on one single idea, thought or subject to make it a successful piece of work.
Advantages of improved concentration
- Enhanced concentration gives a lot of inner strength as well as inner peace
- It helps to conserve the energies and direct them for a positive work
- It also helps to improve on the quality of your thoughts and gives you a lot of mental clarity
- It also increases the intuition
There are a number of Ways to improve concentration. Though these are particularly important for the school students or the job holders, but it needs no special mention that concentration is required in every field of our life. Some of the most proffered and proved Ways to improve concentration are listed below:
Drills to improve concentration
- Discipline is a key component to increase the concentration power. Multitasking is not everyone’s cup of tea and it is better to be attentive towards only one thing at a time.
- Memorizing poems or practicing skits is yet another drill to increase the memory cells. If they are subscribed to a positive stressed condition, the nerve cells get more electrical energy consequently forcing it into a better concentrating power.
- It’s important to sketch a plan before you start doing any work. A patterned work plan helps to develop the concentration by knowing what work to follow, thus developing on the quality of the work as well.
- Dedicate enough time to accomplish a particular work. If any kind of work is delayed till the last moment, there are chances of losing on the quality which is primarily the result of losing of concentration power.
- Meditation is one of the best Ways to improve concentration. Regular meditation is the most effective way to boost the nerve cells.
- Working out regularly is yet another important step towards increasing the concentration power and enhancing the focus power.
- Last but not the least, memory lose is a kind of psychological effect as well. The more you think you are losing on the power of focusing, the more you lose the concentration power. Thus, positive thoughts and creative ideas are necessary to hold on and improve on your concentration level.
Foods which help to boost concentration
- Blueberries: antioxidants are essential elements to revitalize the memory cells. They help to boost the brain-protective enzymes. According to the researches, blueberries help to prevent diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson and it also has the capacity to improve long-term memory functions. They are particularly helpful when taken in the morning without any sugar.
- Oatmeal: it is a very low calorie diet which helps in memory boosting as well as in maintaining the weight issues. Again, this is one such meal which is more beneficial if taken without sugar.
- Avacado: this is not a very good option for those who look for a “healthy food”. The healthy fats of the avocado help in raising the ability to concentrate. It has the essential nutrients which help in the nutrient absorption. It is packed with antioxidants which help to prevent cardiovascular diseases, cancer apart from helping you to build the concentration.
- Wild salmon: omega 3 fatty acids are yet another important element for maintaining the memory cells. It helps to boost the cell function concentration as well as reducing the risk of heart diseases and blood pressure problems.
- Vitamin B12: deficiency of vitamin B12 causes memory issues. Researchers say that at least 2.4 microgram of vitamin B12 intake every day can help to keep your memory cells alive and boosted. Foods containing water-soluble nutrients are particularly important for maintaining the memory cells. Milk, poultry eggs and other dairy products are some of the best ways to improve concentration.
- Vitamin E: 15 milligrams of vitamin E every day is vital to protect the memory nerve cells. Peanuts, spinach, avocados, carrots are some Vitamin E containing foods. They are rich in powerful micro oxidants which help to enhance the nerve cells. Nuts are also a good source of vitamin E.
- Green leafy vegetables: the leafy vegetables are rich sources of antioxidants and carotenoids which are important for enhancing the nerve cells. Focus, memory, and the overall brain power get improved. Folic acid is also another important constituent of the leafy vegetables like cabbage with helps in mental clarity.
Drinks which enhance concentration power
Water: this universal solvent is always the best medicine when it comes to increasing concentration and increasing your focus. Water helps to transport the electrical energy to the brain. Consequently, one can think clearly and be more focused with a clearer mind thought.
Green tea: this is indeed one of the most popular beverages which is important to protect the nerve cells and also help you to focus. When it is taken without any sweeteners, green tea has nil calorie content which is helpful for those who are keeping an eye on the weight.
Energy and health drinks: laden with caffeine, taurine, ginseng and guarana, the energy drinks help to enhance the body endurance power which eventually increases the memory power.
In today’s world, it is extremely important to be fast and steady. Apart from knowledge, skill and competence, concentration power is very important to win the race. The above mentioned Ways to improve concentration might seem very preliminary but with regular practice of those habits can yearn you great results. Nevertheless, it is always advisable to consult a doctor if there is a persistent disturbance in the memory or concentration powers.