EPIC or the Electors’ Photo Identity Card is extremely important for a genuine voter whose name can be found in the voter list since it allows them to cast vote during the commencement of elections. The issue of the card takes place under the orders of the ECI or the Election Commission of India in order to monitor some malpractices that were rampant at the time of the elections prior to the implementation of the Indian electoral cards.
The election card is generally distributed by the BLOs or the Booth Level Officers after the verification of the credentials of the voter is complete. The card contains the age of the voter along with a photograph, details of his residence, specifications about relationship etc. The voter ID card in India not only enables a voter to cast a vote during elections but allows them to avail various services that are exclusively provided to the citizens of our nation.
In case of damaged Voter ID Card
Sometimes the Voter ID card may accidentally get damaged. Then, it becomes extremely important to get a fresh voter card since electoral cards have enormous significance in the life of Indians. Apart from the grant of voting rights, they help citizens open gas connections, bank accounts as well as cell phone connections. In case the card becomes worn and damaged and the data printed on the surface of the card becomes lost or effaced, sufficient care must be taken to make sure that there is no misuse of the card and it can be used in the future too. But the CEO or the Chief Electoral Officer in each state will not simply hand voters a new voter ID card without a suitable explanation regarding the location of the first one. Therefore, it becomes necessary to follow some steps in order to get a fresh voter ID card in a convenient and quick manner.
Application of Duplicate Voter ID
- The first major step to gain a duplicate voter ID is to visit the closest police station and file an FIR stating that the card might be lost or damaged. Copies of the FIR must be made since they are important for submitting documents during application of the fresh card.
- After logging on to the CEO webpage, it is necessary to enter the name, email address and mobile phone number.
- A text message alert sends the unique password and username.
- Once again log on to the site using the password and username provided. There will be different forms available on the website.
- After choosing Form 2, it is necessary to fill in the important details.
- A passport sized photograph must be scanned and uploaded along with a soft copy of documents certifying the age, place of residence and identity.
- Finally, the Submit button needs to be clocked.
Attached copies may even be submitted to the local ERO. A penalty must be paid to the election office.
In some cases, voters fail to properly submit the form or complete all the necessary steps for application of a fresh voter ID card. It is important to remember that if the form remains filled incompletely, the application for the voter ID card will not be processed. Once the Submit button is clicked, a message will be visible on screen that it has been properly submitted. If no message is visible, then that means that there was some problem during submission of the form.